Tuesday, January 1, 2008

We've Entered the Digital Age!

We finally did it. We're moving to an all electronic edition of 20A Today. Our paper edition will be discontinued immediately. A new year ... a new beginning. We were hesitant at first to make the switch. We had, and still have, many doubts about the future of this "internet" thing. But, we now believe that it has a good chance of succeeding. Many of you, our loyal subscribers, may think this move to be rash. All that we ask is that you give the new technology a chance. Let me remind you that we've always been "cutting-edge" here at 20A Today and our track record is pretty good. For example, seven years ago we reported that the technology was dependable enough for you to buy a color TV when your old Black & White died. Four years ago we wrote that it was safe to get an automatic transmission in your next car. And just last year we told you that cordless phones were OK. We're still not convinced that mobile phones are here to stay, but we will keep you informed.

I want to assure all of our loyal readers that we will continue to strive for the high standards of reporting that you've come to expect and depend on from 20A Today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be the greatest thing since sex. I'm so excited to get my
20A everyday. Thanks and keep up the good work!
signed: Delusional

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys know what you're doing. I bought a color tv at the Walmart cause you said they was good. It stopped working 2 weeks after the warranty ended. I still got to make 4 more years of payments at the cash advance store. If you mess this up I'm switching back to Delong Today!

Anonymous said...

Merle, you've got to quit complaining about that television. We warned you before you bought it that regardless what a good deal the Walmart people said that it was, it is risky to buy a TV that had been returned - especially when the shipping box looked like it had been dropped off the back of a truck. And after you got it home we told you that you need to put the TV inside your trailer and away from the end that leaks. You left it outside under an oak tree all summer. And we had a lot of rain that summer.

Anonymous said...

I was just talkin to Thelma and she says I need a computer. I ain't got a computer!

Anonymous said...

if you ain't got a computer how'd you get to right a comment

Anonymous said...

I was at Thelma's house and she showed me how to use a computer and that's how I got to write my comment. After I left Thelma's I ran into Orv and he sold me a computer and that's what I'm using now. When are you going to come and cut up that tree that blew down that's blocking my driveway?